The Hyundai Endowment Fund announces an open grant round for civic associations, libraries, schools and active individuals to support community action, increased civic engagement and the development of civic organizations. The grant round is administered by the OSF Foundation.
The aim of the Hyundai Endowment Fund is to support the Moravian-Silesian region, especially in the former districts of Karviná, Nový Jičín and Frýdek-Místek:
1. protection and improvement of the environment
2. development of civil society
• civic activities and community-initiated/local projects that have a positive impact and benefit to the local community and community life
• projects focusing on environmental issues and environmental improvement
• projects by small and local organisations and communities
• a high level of active involvement of the public and active individuals, including students
• cooperation between local actors – municipality, NGO, library, school, etc.
• intergenerational sharing
• greater involvement of volunteers and volunteering activities at local level
Who can apply for the grant:
Legal and physical persons of a non-commercial and non-political nature. Legal entities meaning associations, institutes, public benefit societies, church organizations, contributory organizations, municipalities, associations and societies of municipalities, libraries, schools. Where the applicant is a municipality, priority will be given to projects implemented in cooperation with non-profit organisations and with public participation. The place of implementation of the project is decisive, not the location of the applicant for a foundation grant or its partners in the project.
Project implementation period:
Project implementation can start no earlier than 1 January 2024, projects must be completed no later than the end of June 2025.
Maximum amount of foundation grant:
500 000 CZK
There is no minimum amount of the foundation contribution (grant). Due to the nature of the supported activities, projects of the maximum amount are very rarely supported. The usual grant amount is up to CZK 250 000.
The deadline for the grant round is Friday 6 October 2023 at 12:00. The results of the grant round will be published in November 2023. All information about this year’s grant call can be found on the Fund’s website www.nfh.cz.
If you are interested in any further additions and information, you can contact the project coordinator Anna Kapustova (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +420 731 874 331).
We wish all applicants good luck!
The supported projects of the open grant round for the last year can be found on the NFH website HERE.